Bloke Back Mountain
I’m back in the USA and, boy, was it swell to get away. A Berlin report is forthcoming, but let’s talk Men’s Spring Knitting Retreat at Easton Mountain.
Although only 2.5 days, it rivaled my week and a half abroad for fun. It has provided me with a heart-full of happy memories, a truckload of laughs and a big, old stash of new friends. I can’t imagine what it would be like if it was longer. Even if I described the location, the guys, the workshops, the meals, the laughing, and the yarn action, it wouldn’t capture (pardon the hippy word) magical experience.
Here are my photos:
Created with flickrSLiDR.
I’m at a loss for words, and late to the game, so go read what some of the the others have already said:
- co-mastermind KnitterGuy Ted
- co-mastermind QueerJoe (and photos)
- roomie-extraordinaire and instant BFF Sean
- the only one I had met in person, Dr. Mel
- twitter friend and Blithering Knitiot Paul
- the only other west of the Mississippi boy who knits, Texan Kenny
- spinning wizard VTknitboy Chris
- and the most comprehensive travelogue by Paddy
If we had one on the West Coast, would anyone be up for it? I’ve started researching locations… something in the fall perhaps?