Ready for France
Both watershow performances went off without a hitch. My synchro team is ready to go kick some Parisian butt next week. But before, I head off to start an international conflict, I want to thank some wonderful peeps for coming to see me practically naked:
- Ernie, Min Jung and Cindyyou guys came on such short notice and made my Wed. night!
- Jenny and Harold (2/3rd’s of Stash and Burn, my favorite knitting podcast)we will hang out in June
- Susan, of Crystal Palace Yarns and her husband (who’ve heard of us for years, but never had the chance to see us wet in person)I can’t wait to try the new sock yarns!
- Annie, a lovely friend and next-door neighbor who also attended last year
- Fabulous co-workers, spouse, child and former Stanford Synchro teammates thereof: Allison, Dylan, Marilee, Mars, Stephanie, Rachelbe kind when you tell stories about this at the office
- and, of course, Mr. Man, whose photo you see here.
It’s a joy to have people see what I spend hours preparing for at the pool. For my many local friends who didn’t hear about this, I apologize for not being on top of it. The SF show almost didn’t go off because of pool closure and my work life has been so filled with work, not leaving much time for emails to y’all. There will be another show in the late summer/early fall before Nationals in Tuscon… and I’ll be doing a solo at that one. I’m really, really sorry for not letting people know about this personally.
Speaking of which, I’m all ears if you have any Paris suggestions for food, wine, yarn, art, running, more food, shopping, urban exploring and stuff. I’ll even visit your friends, if you know people there…