TX knttr blggrs
Wireless has been spotty at my hotel, but, then again, so has my down time to craft lengthy posts detailing the goings on my first South By. Yeah, that’s what the locals call it. I’m so down. Let’s talk knitting…
I went to Hill Country Weavers Knit ‘n Nosh, local knitting bloggers edition. My travel companions (and the kind people I’ve hung out with most while here): Harold and Jenny (of Stash&Burn). I met a whole lotta fun women from Austin, Houston and beyond… and now I have more blogs and podcasts to follow!
- Amy (also of Fat Caddy Records)
- Split Yarn (of the fabulous Scrabble stitch markers)
- Yarn Maven (aka Julia)
- Yarn and Order
- Yarn Bar (who’s adorably pregnant and due soon!)
- verypink (who brought an insane baby wardrobe)
- Meg (who invited me)
- Christine (of b.p.c. and Pointy Sticks)
- Rhonda (of the Knitting News Cast podcast)
- Michelle (a fellow swimmer who I don’t know if she’s got a blog)
- and others I didn’t meet…
Sadly, I didn’t get to talk to everyone (next time, Rhonda and Staci?). I was kind of overwhelmed and uncharacteristically shy. I’m really much more fun, loud and spazzy. Trying to keep track of who was who and ripping out 6 stitch/8 row panels to fix, kept me pretty quiet. Trust me, I can be more of a party… just ask Jenny. I did my best to charm and woo her (in French, even) at Hotel San Jose the previous night (with our friend Alan Cummingswho was pretending he didn’t know us.)
So much more to report… music this morning, a gay bloggerati’s karaoke triumph, more Alan Cummings sightings, and a crazy coincidence of friends of friends of friends that prove that the Checks are meant to be my new BFF’s.
edited to crorrect an error: Yarn and Order is not adorably pregnant to my knowledge. She is adorableI confused her with Yarn Bar.